Published Date : 2019-09-14
Key achievements :
- NBS Founders were actively involved in the movement for assurance of women rights since 1980 to 1992.
- NBS has spread its areas in 24 branch and 4 regional office established in different districts in Nepal.
- Campaign against women violence has been successfully implemented in more than 250 VDCs for assurance of equal right of men and women (land & property rights, equal participation, decision making rights, socio- economical rights of women).
- At least 50000 women are aware about women & child right.
- 15 women networks are mobilizing local resources.
- 20,000 women are affiliated in different groups and 15 women federation for their rights, against women violence and social abuse.
- 40000 women are affiliated in 350 groups and 30 different cooperatives and engaged in different business through saving and credit program.
- Marginalized and excluded group women are involving in VDC level planning, implementation and monitoring process.
- Women hold their power in community; they are involving in School management committee, Community user group, integrated planning committee, community forest users group, health management committee.
- Literacy classes were conducted for under privileged communities & more than 5000 women completed the literacy standard and got neo literate certificate through Adult Literacy Class.
- Women are fighting against violence. They are solving their problems themselves in community level.
- Voters' awareness for participation in vote casting during the first constitution election.
- Suggest constitutional assembly member to include women's issues by collecting local issues of women.
- Own Infrastructure development for office management, constructed branch & reasonal offices in Belbari, Mrigauliya, Urlabari, Kerabari, Ilam and training hall in Biratnagar.
- Human resource development like, Master trainer in Gender and Social Inclusion, Business Skill, Women rights/Child rights, Agriculture IPM based trainer, Literacy trainer, Reflect, PRA, Disaster preparedness, Better Life option Program (BLOP), Behavior change communication (BCC) Reproductive health trainer.
- At least 100 million rupees are turning over through 30 cooperatives.